Monday, November 4, 2013

Feeling Blessed

Guys this weekend was so amazing I don't even know if I can put it into words. Saturday was Kayli's birthday party and in spirit of going to Hawaii in a couple of weeks she wanted to have a Luau! So we had sand, waves, volcanoes, dancers and musicians. Ha okay not really, we had sand art (which was just salt), we had a wave background (made of blue sheets and blue balloons), an active volcano (thanks to baking powder and vinegar), beautiful dances (thanks to Brey, she even taught the girls some moves, it was the cutest), and finally some good music (London was kind enough to play his ukulele for us). It was so much fun and Kayli had a blast, which is the most important thing. we had lots of cupcakes, cake, ice cream and of course frosting. Then Sunday was fast Sunday but I was fasting for something extra important to me. I was scheduled to receive my patriarchal blessing at 4:30. So we went to church (thank goodness for daylight savings ending), testimony meeting was amazing as usual. We've had a few deaths recently that have really affected some people and helped us remember why we're here and where we're going. And I'm so thankful for the knowledge I have of the Atonement, knowing that i'll be able to see my family again. So after church we went straight to the patriarchs office and we had to wait for a couple of minutes while he was with someone else. I was so anxious and so excited and had so many feelings and emotions going on. We went into his office once the other family left and It was so nice to see the patriarch. He was my bishop when I was eight and throughout my childhood. I remember him looking into my eyes and telling me how proud he was of me, that he had seen me grow up over the past 10 years and he was looking into my eyes seeing the woman I would soon become. The whole time we were there was an amazing experience. Feeling so much love from him and from my Heavenly Father. The blessing was truly a sacred experience that i'll never forget. I don't remember everything that was said because it was so much but I can't wait to get my copy and read it and be reminded of what Heavenly Father has planned for me IF I follow him and do what I know is right. I hope we all value the meaning of these blessings and always keep in our mind and our hearts the feeling we felt in that moment. And if you haven't received your blessing I hope you can prepare for it because I can tell  you that it is the most special and sacred blessing you'll ever receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment