Monday, January 13, 2014

Summer in January

We did it. We got on the 4:15 flight and arrived in Hawaii Thursday night! We did SO many things that everything is kind of a blur, but I'll try and mention everything.

THURSDAY
We arrived in Hawaii and knocked out.

FRIDAY
Woke up and had breakfast with Brey's family out on the lawn with the beautiful view of the mountains. We went snorkeling at a beach five minutes away from the house and just soaked up some sun. Then we went to another beach so Kevin could go body boarding. I just took pictures and watched Oliver as I tanned a bit. Then we went home, showered, and headed over to the Stake Center to set up for the wedding. Kris, Laura and I snuck  out for a bit to practice our dance (Brey wanted us to do a Mexican Folkloric dance)

SATURDAY
Woke up bright and early and headed to the beach for the ring ceremony. It was so beautiful and so simply. Brey's bishop from her youth was there and spoke about how special and sacred marriage in the temple is and how he was so proud of her for doing that. After the ceremony we took pictures on the beach (I was Ty's sister for a couple hours) Then we went home, changed and went to the swap meet, then north shore, which was incredible. The ocean is such a beautiful thing to watch. Then we went back home, changed, and got ready for the reception. Dinner was amazing. I tried so many things and sadly I don't remember what any of it was called but I loved everything! We danced, and they loved it. Brey's friends danced Hawaiian numbers while other friends played music. It was such a fun night and Ty and Brey looked so happy together.

SUNDAY
We woke up pooped from the long day we had before but we woke up at 8 a.m. ready to go to church at nine. Everyone of us looked like zombies and I think at least half of the family fell asleep during sacrament. It was fast and testimony meeting which was incredible (I've very blessed to be able to visit other states (Tennessee and Hawaii) and go to church on fast and testimony meeting. I've been able to experience other peoples testimonies no matter how different our lives may be) Whenever someone would go up to the pulpit they would start off by saying, "ALOHA Brothers and Sisters!" and then the whole congregation would say, "ALOHA!" I loved it! A couple sisters went up and shared their beautiful testimonies, then a visitor and then my brother Kevin went up. I wish I would have gone up, I really wanted to but I couldn't get the courage to do it. After that the bishop announced that after the closing prayer they would like all of the visitors to go up to the stand. I was kind of confused and when that moment came no one knew what to do. We all kind of waited for Brey and followed her up to the front. As we all walked up, the congregation all stood up and started singing to us a Hawaiian hymn, then two young women came up and gave each of us a lei that they made. That moment was beautiful and there aren't words to explain the feeling of love and gratitude that came over me. I felt so honored to be there sharing that moment with my family. After church we went whale watching! and then we all just hung out with Brey's family. Kris' mom, dad, sister, and brother in law left Sunday night so we had to say our goodbye's.

MONDAY
We all woke up and went to the beach with all of Brey's cousins. Then we went and got some burgers and shakes at some local place which was delicious. Then we went to the cousins house and hung around there for a while. Then we took a drive up to Honolulu with Brey's parents while Brey and Ty packed because they were flying back to Provo that night. We went to get some AMAZING shrimp and then went to the beach to watch the sunset.

TUESDAY
We spent the morning and afternoon at Pearl Harbor because Kris wanted to and it was pretty nice. Then we went over to Waikiki to spend some time on the beach. We walked along the beach, and the ocean. We took some touristy pictures with the statues along the beach and we watched the sunset and took more touristy pictures.

WEDNESDAY
We woke up and went Snorkeling again! This time we went to Haunama bay which was incredible. There were so many beautiful fish that just swam around you. It was so beautiful and I had so much fun. Sadly it started raining so we left and went home and showered. We left there pretty late so we were all pooped. It rained the rest of the night so we decided to just go out to eat and then chill out at the house. It was actually really fun.

THURSDAY
We woke up and drove to more beautiful beaches. I cannot remember what we did that morning at all. BUT we spent the afternoon at the temple and at the PCC, we went to the villages of SAMOA and TONGA and they were so much fun! Then we had dinner and watched the night show. It was Beautiful and I loved experiencing those different cultures through their dance. It was amazing (especially those crazy fire dancers!) Oh and we also stopped by Motsumotos Shaved Ice somewhere during the day and it was delicious!

FRIDAY
We decided to go on a hike in the morning. We couldn't do anything too challenging because of the kids (I really wanted to hike stairway to heaven.) We hiked up to a lighthouse that is kind of by Brey's house. It was beautiful and the Scenery was breathtaking. We also spotted four Whales!! It was so cool! Then we went home, packed, cleaned up, said our goodbye's and drove to Honolulu. We spent the rest of the day in the city. We walked by the beach, went to a park, had dinner, and watched the last sunset. Then we headed to the airport for our journey back home.

Hawaii was absolutely amazing and beautiful, I loved every minute of it and I'm so grateful to have been able to spend a week there. I will definitely miss those warm nights where I just walked outside and sat on the porch looking up at the sky, but I am also happy to be home. I missed my Momma and London too much.

Mahalo Hawaii


I will post the pictures from the trip sometime soon! Reality kind of just hit me when I got home.





No comments:

Post a Comment