I was told to be at her house at 7:30... But then she told me 8. So I was parking across the street at 7:45 when she calls me saying, "Zahaia where are you! You're the only person I'm waiting for!" *i felt so special knowing she waited for me and so grateful* So, I ran across the street with my momma in our heels and walked in (there were so many people in her house there were even a couple outside because they didn't fit) so I just stood in the doorway. As soon as they saw me everyone was like, okay she's here! Open it gabby!! She looked so nervous and so excited and happy at the same time. And her mom, dad, and aunt were also super anxious. It's so comforting to know that her parents support her and stand by her decision to serve a mission. So she opened it and read to us where she would be serving. I was so happy and as soon as she read what day she was to report to the MTC I started crying! *first mission call opening I cry at* and then it was pure joy in that room.
I'm thankful for all of Gabby's friends who helped introduce her to the church. When I met her there was no way I could have guessed that she had only been baptized a couple of months. Her testimony and spirit was already so strong. I'm thankful for being able to have her as one of my closest friends all through high school. I've loved watching her grow so much and I know she will continue to grow these next 18 months. Go out there and serve with all your might. I know those people have been waiting for you.

No comments:
Post a Comment